Hello everybody! Today I will talk about a great Chilean: "Ogu and Mampato". They are characters of a magazine called "The adventures of Ogu an Mampato" that was found in 1968 by Eduardo Armstrong but it was publicated in 1978. First, the draftsman was Oscar Vega, but he couldn't continue with this job and Themo Lobos restart with it. His personal style and his great imagination made him famous and loved by the Chilean people. The storyline is about the story of Mampato, he is a boy of 9 years old who saves an alien called Xsé to the attack of a puma. As a reward Xsé gifts him a time-space belt that allow to travel in time and space. In the second incident, Mampato knew a caveman called "Ogú" and a woman of the future called "Rena". They became a very good friends. They had a lot of adventures, for example, "The mutants's rebellion", "Vikings are coming!" and "The crossing of the Andes". All of them are the titles of the different publications.
I think this magazine (published in a book format later) is very important to Chile because "Ogú and Mampato" has turned into the maximum exponent of the Chilean comic strip. When I was a child I red the books because my mother was a fan of the magazine. I really enjoy reading the fantastic stories. A very important component of the story is that you can see a lot of Chilean people's attribute reflects in the characters and it's connect with the Chilean's idiosyncrasy and the memory. It should be noted that in 2002 was launch onto the cinema's market the film "Ogu and Mampato in Rapa Nui" in Chile based on the comic strip and it had a good reception by the spectators.
Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to know them, but if hypothetically I had I would ask them how do they feel travelling and living all this adventures? I think they had a lot of fun!
Regards!
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario